Department of MBA
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- PEO1: Graduates of the MBA program will successfully integrate core, cross-functional and inter-disciplinary aspects of management theories, models and frameworks with the real world practices and the sector specific nuances to provide solutions to real world business, policy and social issues in a dynamic and complex world.
- PEO2: Graduates of the MBA program will possess excellent communication skills, excel in cross-functional, multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams, and have an appreciation for local, domestic and global contexts so as to manage continuity, change, risk, ambiguity and complexity.
- PEO3: Graduates of the MBA program will be appreciative of the significance of Indian ethos and values in managerial decision making and exhibit value centered leadership.
- PEO4: Graduates of the MBA program will be ready to engage in successful career pursuits covering a broad spectrum of areas in corporate, non-profit organizations, public policy, entrepreneurial ventures and engage in life-long learning.
- PEO5: Graduates of the MBA program will be recognized in their chosen fields for their managerial competence, creativity & innovation, integrity & sensitivity to local and global issues of social relevance and earn the trust & respect of others as inspiring, effective and ethical leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and change agents.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
PO1. Generic and Domain Knowledge – Ability to articulate, illustrate, analyze, synthesize and apply the knowledge of principles and frameworks of management and allied domains to the solutions of real-world complex business issues
PO2. Problem Solving & Innovation – Ability to Identify, formulate and provide innovative solution frameworks to real world complex business and social problems by systematically applying modern quantitative and qualitative problem solving tools and techniques.
PO3. Critical Thinking – Ability to conduct investigation of multidimensional business problems using research based knowledge and research methods to arrive at data driven decisions
PO4. Effective Communication – Ability to effectively communicate in cross-cultural settings, in technology mediated environments, especially in the business context and with society at large
PO5. Leadership and Team Work – Ability to collaborate in an organizational context and across organizational boundaries and lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals and optimize outcomes for all stakeholders.
PO6. Global Orientation and Cross-Cultural Appreciation: Ability to approach any relevant business issues from a global perspective and exhibit an appreciation of Cross Cultural aspects of business and management.
PO7. Entrepreneurship – Ability to identify entrepreneurial opportunities and leverage managerial & leadership skills for founding, leading & managing startups as well as professionalizing and growing family businesses.
PO8. Environment and Sustainability – Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development and assess the impact of managerial decisions and business priorities on the societal, economic and environmental aspects.
PO9. Social Responsiveness and Ethics – Ability to exhibit a broad appreciation of the ethical and value underpinnings of managerial choices in a political, cross-cultural, globalized, digitized, socio-economic environment and distinguish between ethical and unethical behaviors & act with integrity.
PO10. LifeLong Learning – Ability to operate independently in new environment, acquire new knowledge and skills and assimilate them into the internalized knowledge and skills.