Training and Placement Policy Book
The MVP Samaj’s K.B.T. College of Engineering was established in 1999 having 9 acres area in the heart of the Nashik city at approximately 2 Kms from CBS and 12 Kms from Nashik Road Railway station. The college is Permanently Affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune and Approved by AICTE, New Delhi. Our institute is NAAC Accredited institute with ‘A’ Grade. The College has well-equipped laboratories, workshop and Hostel facilities. Every department has separate computational facilities along with LAN, Wi-Fi and necessary software’s. At present the college provides four-year courses leading to Bachelor’s Degree of University of Pune in the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Information Technology along with post graduate courses in MBA and Engineering.
We, at KBTCOE try to connect with as many quality organizations as possible for placements, Internship and trainings of students. We have made an integrated team of Department level Placement coordinators which helps is smooth functioning of the placements at individual department levels. We also have a fully-fledged training team which helps in improving the overall performance of the students during their academics in all the professional skills required by the organizations. The Training & Placement Cell takes up the role of facilitator between potential employers and students. It ensures that the students get information on companies and sectors of their interest. Various renowned organizations like, Infosys, Bosch, Jindal steel, TCS, Wipro, L&T, Persistent only to name a few, have successfully recruited our students over the years. We would like to assure Industry, Students and Parents that we will not leave any stone unturned to make all our stakeholders happy and Proud.
Training and Placement Cell of KBTCOE is framed with the following Objectives.
- For becoming an effective link between the students and job providers by building up a professional network with Industries and the Alumni.
- To develop our students overall personality in terms of career planning, goal setting
- To provide career guidance about avenues open after graduation. ie. Higher education and placements.
- For enhancing the overall employability skills of the students and obtaining final placements in reputed organizations.
- Create awareness among students regarding available career options and help them identify their career objectives.
- To ensure sustainable employment for all our students.
- Organization Chart of Training and Placement Cell:
The training and Placement Cell of MVP’s KBTCOE is headed by two experienced professionals and has a small group of dedicated and committed staff supported by the Training and Placement Coordinators Staff and student coordinators.
1.1 Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating an effective link between Industries – College – Academic Departments – Students for sharing information and data.
- Inviting the companies for conducting the campus selection process.
- Organizing the Placement Drive in coordination with academic departments.
- Conducting the Training programs to students in coordination with academic departments.
- Maintaining the good relations with Industrial association and industries
- Maintaining the student’s data and placement statistics and forwarding the same to industries and higher authorities as and when required.
- Preparation of Placement Brochure and newspaper information and forwarding the same thing to newspaper regularly.
Department Staff, T&P Coordinators
- Maintaining the regular contact with the T&P cell.
- Coordinating with T&P cell for the smooth conduct of the campus interviews.
- The respective departments need the following activities before the drive/ during the placement drive and its completion.
- Before the drive : Ensuring that the details of the visiting company, their selection process etc reaches to the second and third year students through their respective class coordinators. This awareness helps the students in their preparation of campus selection process and in identifying dream companies.
- During the drive: The respective departmental coordinators should participate and must ensure that the process is completed successfully.
- After the drive : Sharing the list of selected students with the students. And also within the respective departments.
- Should act as an effective link between Training and Placement Cell and students.
- Should coordinate/ volunteer in the Training and Placement activities.
- Should ensure that the information reaches the concerned students in timely manner.
1.2 Infrastructural Facilities
A fully dedicated infrastructure is developed for conducting the Training and Placement activities of the institute. This dedicated infrastructure is spread over 7000 Sq.FT. area. This cell is having an individual computer lab for conducting the campus interview activities like online tests. This cell also has separate Group Discussion (GD) and Interview Rooms (PI). The entire floor is equipped with high speed Wi-Fi facility.
1.3 Activities of Training and Placement Cell.
a) Training of Students : Students are trained from the third year engineering for enhancing their employability skills and other professional trainings as detailed below.
TE – Structured Training programs in which students are trained for Aptitude Test, Mock Tests and Soft Skills.
HR Connect – Making the students aware about the industry expectations
BE – Company Specific Trainings – Preparing the students for Placements/ Mock Aptitude tests/ Group Discussions and Mock Interviews.
Programming Skills – Making the students industry ready.
b)Placement Activities: Placement activities are being conducted by the career development center throughout the calendar year. Standard operating Procedure is prepared for the smooth conduct of placement activities.
c)Students Mentoring: T&P cell regularly takes the feedback through Google Sheet and Google form the students who have appeared for the campus interview. The objective of this feedback is to know: Technical questions/HR Questions/Coding Questions/Aptitude questions. These collected inputs are shared with the junior students for the preparation of the campus interview.
d)Employer Feedback: Feedback is being regularly collected from employer during their visit to college for conducting the campus interview. This is collected through structure questionnaire by the Training & Placement cell. The objective of this feedback is to know the current level of skills of students and to take the suggestion for conducting the training for enhancing employability skills of our students. The questionnaire includes both open-ended and close ended questions.
e)Reaching out to Industries: T&P cell reach out to industries for enhancing Industry-KBT COE interactions by organizing various industrial meets like CEO Meet/HR Summits/HR Meets. On need basis the Industry- KBT COE institute meets are conducted in Nasik our outside the Nasik. Corporate Visits by KBT COE Trustee/Principal/HODs and TPO are encouraged as and when required. Further, institute tries in maintaining the cordial interactions and relations with the various industrial organizations like Nasik Industrial Association like NIMA/AIMA. Institute regularly participates in the various industrial fairs to showcase institutes strength. Alumni also explored for connecting with the HR heads.
f)Study abroad cell: A study abroad cell is created with an objective making the students ware about higher opportunities in the abroad. This cell is supported by the students as coordinators. GRE/TOEFL Examination centre is set up in the institute for giving the examinations.
4. Standard Operating Procedure of T&P Activities.
Students are advised to read the announcements made, go through the company website and apply only if interested.
Students are expected to follow the institute resume template available with the training and placement department.
The details of the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be disallowed from the placement for the rest of the academic year.
Students are advised to avoid last minute submission of resume, as it may lead to delays and some may even be left out.
b)DATA FOR PLACEMENTS
- After every semester students are advised to update their result details into the master tracker through the Google form, generated by T & P department.
- It is the responsibility of the students to update his/her genuine marks on Google sheets. Any false or wrong information provided would lead to disqualification of that from the recruitment drive.
Students interested in a particular company, must attend its Pre- placement talk without fail.
Any clarification regarding salary break-up, job profile, place of work, bond details etc. must be sought from the companies during PPT/ Pre-placement talk or before applying for that companies requirement.
DRESS CODE: Students must be formally dressed (Complete College Uniform only) whenever they participate in any interaction with a company including PPT/ Pre-placement talk etc.
- It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements / notices / updated information / shortlisted names etc. in the notice boards of Placement Office / Groups. Students are expected to be punctual.
e)ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY:
A student who applies and gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the company. Any student who withdraws deliberately in the middle of a selection process will be disallowed from placement for the rest of the academic year.
LATE COMERS FOR APTITUDE TEST / GD / INTERVIEW may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
DISCIPLINE: Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behaviour in every action they take during the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the institute name will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (PPT / Test / GD / Interview) will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- Every student who is selected by a company is out of placement process thereafter, that means once selected, student will not be allowed in the future placement activities. However
- He/she will be allowed for next placement drive if the annual package of the next company is equal or more than Rs 2.0 lacks per annum.
- If an already placed student knowingly or unknowingly sits for any other campus/ pool campus/ off campus, in such case offer rejection intimation will be sent from Training and Placement cell to both the companies and such student will be disqualified from all the Training and Placement activities.Offer Acceptance: The students should inform the acceptance of offer within 24 hours (on the day following the release of offer).The company shall be intimated of the offer acceptance within three days of release of offer.
- OFFER OF JOB: Announcement on the notice board will be considered as firm offer. Offers received from companies must be collected as per timings in circular / notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions therein such as submission of documents lies entirely with the student. All offers (made by the companies) shall be through this office only.
- MEDICAL TEST: The Placement office assumes that every selected student will pass the medical test. If there is a rejection at this stage, the student registration will be renewed and the student becomes eligible again to seek placement through this office. Students should go through and understand instructions related to medical test carefully. The same should also be adequately clarified during PPT.JOINING STATUS: In case of students, who go for higher studies and hence decide not to join the company, should inform the company in writing at the earliest with the copy to Placement Office.
- IDENTITY CARDS: Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process.For all matters not covered by the above regulations, the Placement Office will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions. The decision taken by this office shall be binding on all students/scholars.
5. Recruitment Process